欢迎来到Ph.D. program in 教育顾问 at SHSU! 我们是这样的:
- CACREP accredited to prepare graduates as counselor educators in graduate programs.
- 学生 can receive special training to be leaders in school counseling programs.
- Our cohort model supports our students to achieve a higher graduation rate than the national average.
- 博士 students conduct and complete a major research study, 这就是论文, that is related to counseling and that reflect students’ research interests.
- Develop advanced counseling skills and supervision skills at our counseling clinics located at 伍德兰中心 and the main campus in Huntsville.
- Highly dedicated faculty teaching face-to-face and online courses at both the main campus and 伍德兰中心.
- Courses structured to accommodate students who work full time.
- Diverse faculty with a wide range of academic expertise and research interests. Three American Counseling Association fellows. Publish and presentations for national and international associations and conferences. Leadership in state and national associations.
- 教师 collaborate with students in research, conference presentations, and publications.
- 研究 and training at the Center for 研究 and Training in Trauma.
- Certificate in Play Therapy.
- 研究 and teaching assistantships available. Support for making presentations at conferences in-state and nationally.
Ph值.D. 教育顾问 program follows a cohort (group) model, in which students take all core classes with the same group of colleagues throughout the program. 博士 students feel a strong sense of support from cohort colleagues and completion rates are higher for cohort members.
In a typical semester, doctoral students enroll for 6 semester hours or 2 courses. 学生 have the option of taking 9 semester hours or 3 courses a semester. In order to keep pace with the cohort and make progress in the course sequence, students are expected to take the minimum required 6 semester hours.
After 6-8 semesters of coursework, students take a comprehensive written examination. In addition to synthesizing course information, students demonstrate competencies in research tools.
Upon completing coursework, a dissertation is required to obtain a doctoral degree. A dissertation is an individual, independent research study that a student conducts under the guidance of a 论文 Advisor and a committee of two other professors who are familiar with the topic or method of study.
大学 & Program Application Materials
Departmental Program Application Form
Please note that application deadlines will occasionally change. Please contact the program director (listed in the contact section) for confirmation on application deadlines.